Quinoa dumplings with curry sauce
These meatballs with curry sauce Quinoa no waste, easy, healthy and are also buenisimas.
Let the recipe!
- 2 Cups of quinoa dry
- 5 cups of water
- 1 leek (only the white part)
- 1 small red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Äôve (Extra Virgin Olive Oil) for the sauce and meatballs frying
- Salt to taste
Ingredients for curry sauce
- 200ml de nata (It can be vegetable)
- 30g butter (It can be vegetable)
- 2 teaspoon curry
- salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon turmeric (optional if you want to give more color to the sauce)
- We cook with water and salt Quinoa fire strong and when it starts to boil over medium heat down until we see that you get a white circulito around the grain. Remove from heat and reserve.
- On the other hand, We chop the onion, leek and garlic.
- In a pan we put a splash of EVOO and when it is hot we add the onion, leek and garlic. Fry over medium-high heat and when we see that begin to poach, remove from heat.
- In a food processor or blender mix all ingredients and grind until we left a homogeneous mixture.
- Remove to a bowl and reserve in the refrigerator overnight.
- The next day, We put flour on a plate.
- Let forming balls meatballs with hands, the spent flour and reserve on a plate.
- We put in a saucepan over medium heat some oil for frying. When hot oil are putting the balls in the pan and let turning to brown on all sides.
- Remove from pan and reserve to serve with the sauce.
PREPARING the curry sauce
- We put in a saucepan the cream and butter over medium heat and let the butter get rid and mix well with cream.
- Then add the remaining ingredients and mix well letting the sauce is reduced and slightly thickened (time will depend on taste, if more liquid prefer less time, and if instead the thickest you prefer we let more time to reduce).
With this we only have to put on a plate and serve the meatballs with a little curry sauce.
As you can see has been a very simple recipe despite many steps in the description.
Dare to try it and tell us what you think!